- Pain Management
This is one of the most common reasons people seek chiropractic care. Chiropractic adjustments have been proven to reduce neck pain, back pain, and headaches over and over in the research. Chiropractic care has also been shown to decrease pain from injuries to the shoulders, knees, hips, and ankles.1 Many studies are now showing that the use of chiropractic can even reduce dependence on pain medications. If you have pain of any kind be sure to see your chiropractor to see what they can do for you.
- Improved Sleep
If pain isn’t what is keeping you up at night it is likely stress. Chiropractic adjustments have been shown to reduce stress levels which, in turn, leads to more restful and restorative sleep patterns.2 Many patients report getting the best night of sleep they can remember following chiropractic adjustments. This is because of the relaxing response of the nervous system following the chiropractic adjustment. If you aren’t sleeping well, you should absolutely see your chiropractor for regular adjustments.
- Stimulates the Immune System
A chiropractic adjustment stimulates the nervous system which is directly linked to the immune system. This stimulation has been shown to awaken the immune system to help the body fight off colds and flus and other illnesses.3 It has been shown that the subset of the population that gets regular chiropractic adjustments gets sick far less often than the rest of the population that does not get adjusted. If you want your immune system functioning at its highest capability you should call your local chiropractor today!
- Improvements in Behavioral and Learning disabilities
Chiropractic care targets the nervous system. We like to relate it to a dimmer on a light switch where if the spine is out of alignment it is as if the nervous system is being dimmed. There is still messages getting through but not as fast or optimally as we would want. This symptom often presents as behavioral or learning disabilities. Chiropractic adjustments will realign the spine to remove the interference with the nerves thus removing the dimmer and getting the power turned back on at full force. Many parents report seeing an improvement in their child’s behavior and ability to concentrate once they begin getting adjusted.4
- Normalizes Blood Pressure
At least one in every three adult patients we see is on some sort of blood pressure medication. Hypertension has become an epidemic in this country. Luckily, chiropractic adjustments have been shown to have a significant impact blood pressure. While the mechanism of why is still not fully understood, it has been shown in the research that chiropractic adjustments are just as capable of normalizing blood pressure as some of the more common medications are.5
Chiropractic adjustments have so many benefits these listed are just the tip of the iceberg. It is hard to narrow down to just the top 5! Some benefits not listed also include chiropractic for wellness care, chiropractic for pregnancy, reduction in allergies and asthma, reduction in gastrointestinal issues, improvements in athletic performance, and so much more. If you aren’t sure if chiropractic can help you please call our office today and find out!
- Salehi A, et al. Chiropractic: Is it Efficient in Treatment of Diseases? Review of Systematic Reviews. Int J Community based Nurs Midwifery. 2015 Oct; 3(4): 244-254. PMCID: 4591574
- Kang DH, McArdle T, and Suh Y. Changes in Complementary and Alternative Medicine Use Across Cancer Treatment and Relationship to Stress, Mood, and Quality of Life. J Altern Complement Med. 2014 Nov; 20(11): 853-859. PMCID:4238248
- Kanga I, and Steiman I. Chiropractic management of a patient with breast cancer metastases to the brain and spine: a case report. J Can Chiropr Assoc. 2015 Sep;59(3):269-78. PMCID:4486990
- Karpouzis F, Bonello R, and Pollard H. Chiropractic care for pediatric and adolescent Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder: A systematic review. Chiropr Osteopat. 2010; 18:13. PMCID:2891800
- McMasters KL, et al. Blood pressure changes in African American patients receiving chiropractic care in a teaching clinic: a preliminary study. J Chiropr Med. 2013 Jun; 12(2): 55-59. PMCID:3730295